Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Legit Liner and Decals?

Article about: All - The attached helmet is being offered in a local auction and I am considering a bid. It is being offered as having field overpaint and a replacement liner but I am not sufficiently fami

Default Legit Liner and Decals?

All -

The attached helmet is being offered in a local auction and I am considering a bid. It is being offered as having field overpaint and a replacement liner but I am not sufficiently familiar with these to know whether the liner is a period replacement or, as I suspect, a more recent replacement. I would value your collective thoughts. My apologies for the photos, which are the best I can get.

Many Thanks -

Elisha Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legit Liner and Decals?   Legit Liner and Decals?  

Legit Liner and Decals?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Legit Liner and Decals?  Legit Liner and Decals? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legit Liner and Decals?
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!
    If you are looking for period, and authentic, I would pass on this one.
    I'll let the more knowledgeable members give you all of the details.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Everything about this is fake the decals the liner and even the helmet you can see by the ventholes its a fake newly made Chinese copy I would defiantly pass on this one if i were you.

Many Thanks!! I shall pass on it.

All bad but the helmet is not a Chinese copy, I believe it is a post war German police/border guard helmet which I believe did not require the split pins for the liner system. Myself I don’t mess around with auctions I’ve never liked them, there’s plenty of good trust worthy dealers out there that I purchase mine from.