Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Liner band size stamp

Article about: Hey everyone, is this an original size mark? I can’t find the maker’s mark (band too close to the shell), and I’m used to seeing “NA” next to the size marking. It’s an M40 LW Q66

Default Liner band size stamp

Hey everyone, is this an original size mark? I can’t find the maker’s mark (band too close to the shell), and I’m used to seeing “NA” next to the size marking. It’s an M40 LW Q66 with serial #11353 if that matters.

Kevin

Liner band size stamp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Liner band size stamp
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

If this is on the inner band as it seems, then it is a legitimate marking.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thank you Terry, is there a typical spot the maker’s mark would be in relation to the size mark? Same side, opposite side, etc? I mostly collect Russian helmets and don’t know these details on German. Kevin

M38
    ?

If you are looking at the outer liner band, the makers mark and date are almost always on the right side of the helmet (the national colors side of a DD helmet) and the size mark along with nA or aA is on the left side (the Heer-LW-KM etc) side of the helmet. If you are looking at the inner liner band, the marking - if there is one (these are not always marked) - is usually in the front and these are shown in the format you have pictured. I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,
    Terry