Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

liner m40 helmet

Article about: Hello, I bought a m40 german helmet at the Ciney fair today and I was wondering if the liner is original or not. The leather does not really look new or artificially aged, but it has no size

?

Question liner m40 helmet

Hello, I bought a m40 german helmet at the Ciney fair today and I was wondering if the liner is original or not. The leather does not really look new or artificially aged, but it has no size stamp. does that mean that the liner is fake?

Split pins look repainted. But the liner is very tight.

Thanks in advance!

Hill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture liner m40 helmet   liner m40 helmet  

liner m40 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement liner m40 helmet
    P
    Many

It is not an authentic liner, you can probably smell it but also flip the the leather and check out the felt.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    It is not an authentic liner, you can probably smell it but also flip the the leather and check out the felt.
    I agree. Not on original liner

@Frank - haven't seen you around for a while. Maybe just me missing your posts, but if not, glad to see you back
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Imagine - you wear a helmet for weeks on end in all sorts of temperatures and with a sweaty, dirty head and all that 'grunge' and grime will transfer to the leather in no time flat and give a form or 'set' to the shape. This one has none of that yet the shell has certainly been around the block and back again! .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by MAP View Post
    I agree. Not on original liner

@Frank - haven't seen you around for a while. Maybe just me missing your posts, but if not, glad to see you back
    Hey Michael, I am not dedicating a lot of time to the hobby right now as I seem to have moved from being an active collector to a passive one. Just 1 helmet bought this year and others too much over priced.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Hey Michael, I am not dedicating a lot of time to the hobby right now as I seem to have moved from being an active collector to a passive one. Just 1 helmet bought this year and others too much over priced.
    Understand. Am in the same position. I haven't purchased a WW2 helmet in well over 2 years myself. Still we love your participation and expertise so please don't be a stranger.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The leather is from a Czech M53 Cold War helmet.
    Grommets have been removed from the holes for the drawstring but leave a clear mark shown in your photos.
    You can Google Czech M53 helmets yourself.
    Your shell looks like a Quist and it would be interesting to see the maker and size markings.

?

Yes, it is a Quist indeed. I do not have acces to the helmet at the moment, because I am moving to another house. I will get the lotnumber as soon as I can.

Hill

?

as far as I can see it is just stampt with "5"and Q6 . should be Q64.

?

The Q is very lightly stamped, almost unreadeble. if my eyes are not fooling me, there is also something stamped behind the 5 . but again, this stamped very lightly, thus almost not readable.