Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luft M35 DD. Camo Legitimacy

Article about: Guys, I’ve owned this for a few years now. I didn’t pay much for it, and it resides in my humble little (but growing) WW2 display. It has peaked my interest and I wonder what exactly it

I do appreciate authenticity, very much so. I’m just saying this is my only German helmet. It’s not a big deal to me if it’s bad. Not ideal, but I’m not gonna sweat it. Still isn’t worth turning it into a flower pot, there is a real M35 under this paint after all.

I’m a rifle/pistol collector, mostly German and Japanese. Those collections are doing just fine, and authenticity is absolutely valued by us WW2 collectors like me….

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft M35 DD. Camo Legitimacy
    P
    Many

Default Still a turd… but a nicer turd

It’s still a turd but it’s not going to be a flower pot any time soon. This particular helmet was relatively cheap, and turned into a fun little project to work with.

Acetone knocked the majority of that green paint off and so far we’re looking okay. Not done yet. Threw some oil on it for now

Luft M35 DD. Camo LegitimacyLuft M35 DD. Camo Legitimacy

Gotta say that’s an improvement.

Well done! It looks 1000% better. Jim G.

Thanks guys, I’m happy with it, more work to be done but we’re close. I’ll add a correct chin strap eventually. Unfortunately in my work I rubbed a bit of the tricolor national emblem off… that’s the price paid for work. As is with anything, the more one works with something the higher the chance of mishaps.

Nice work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2