Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

luftwaffe size 62 question

Article about: Great idea. I have similar stands, but the knob should be small enough to fit through the gap in the middle of the liner avoiding contact with it - The helmet itself rests on the knob.......

?

Default Re: luftwaffe size 62 question

Thats more than a reasonable price , thats just less than £200 here ,that would be quite a bargain, its not in bad condition for what it is, although the decals have taken a bit of a hammering, but its definately a salty looking lid

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe size 62 question
    P
    Many

?

Actually $400 was my haggle price......he originally wanted $570 for it. After all the fakes I've seen on this forum I wanted to be sure this was legit.

Good work, got to be proud of that

Nice job, it's not every day that you can find a decent DD Luftwaffe M35 for that price.

?

Thanks. I'm now the proud new dad of a luftwaffe helmet. Hopefully I've compensated for that overpriced M35 repro I posted earlier.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe size 62 question  

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks. I'm now the proud new dad of a luftwaffe helmet. Hopefully I've compensated for that overpriced M35 repro I posted earlier.
    Nice display! The new DD luft, while not in the best shape, was a steal! At $400 I'd take a dozen! Nice acquisition. Cheers, Jim G.

Looks good, your display is coming along nicely.

Nice price, and a nice display of your helmets...............!

The liner, although it has shrunk somewhat, looks like it is probably still
    intact and strong enough to accept an original string.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I agree with WW, but before adding a string check that the leather tabs are not to brittle and that there is some movement in them, from the photo they look quite stiff , a wipe over with some lanoline may restore and re-hydrate the leather to a point, but i would take care in case the string knifes through the fingers of leather

?

Thanks for the suggestion. My wife modifies these old yarn bobbins as helmet display stands. I'm concerned that adding the string may cause some pressure on the liner fingers if I use these stands. What is the best way to display w/o damaging the liner?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe size 62 question  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast