Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M16 Medic Helmet

Article about: Hello my name is Robert this is my first post on here. Hopefully I put this in the correct forum. I just picked up this medic helmet for \\$1000 usd. The price was cheap enough where I figured

?

Default M16 Medic Helmet

Hello my name is Robert this is my first post on here. Hopefully I put this in the correct forum. I just picked up this medic helmet for $1000 usd. The price was cheap enough where I figured I would take the risk. The guy I bought this from said he had it around 10 years and he got it from Brooks Militaria. I tried to take the best pictures I could inside. I used flash on some of the photos. Without flash it definitely has a aged yellow white look. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Medic Helmet   M16 Medic Helmet  

M16 Medic Helmet   M16 Medic Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Medic Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum!

Although originally a WW1 used helmet, your helmet has been re-issued for service in WW2 as evidenced by the M31 liner, so you’ve posted to the correct forum.

I have to say that Medic helmets are always contentious as they are often the subject of fakery but they did exist, so like any helmet this one will have to be judged on its merits. In order to do so, you will need to post some hi res daylight photos of the helmet for a proper analysis. Usually early morning or afternoon when the light is low, is a good time. On expansion these photos are too blurry.

Regards,
    Andy

Not one I would have spent money on. There is no age to the paint , wear seems to have been created all at the same time. Many , many fakes out there.

Agree with Frank - wear created at the same time - possibly 1939 - 1945

Still be interesting to see some outside daylight photos.

Andy

Not a fan of it from these photos.
    The leather of the liner looks a bit odd, too.
    Could just be the photos, though.
    Luis

?

Hello, thanks for all the replies. Here are some outside pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Medic Helmet   M16 Medic Helmet  

M16 Medic Helmet  

I would ship it back.

The inside paint at least appears to be original WW1 period feldgrau. As I said, these helmets are quite contentious and original examples with vet provenance are quite scarce, so there isn’t a lot to compare with. Personally I wouldn’t spend that amount on something that I was not 100% sure about. There is currently an example of an M16 transitional helmet for sale on Lux Military Antiques for comparison. Check out the price too which is indicative of how much these might go for.

Andy

?

Thanks for the opinions.

Meant to write “transitional medic helmet”.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast