Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Stahlhelm Dutch civil reissue.

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like your opinions on this one before I buy it. I was looking for M16 helmets reused by the Dutch Civil Guard in 1919 and I came across this one. Now I think that thi

Default M16 Stahlhelm Dutch civil reissue.

(EDIT: Just noticed that the seller is a long time user of this site, haha, hi Emile. It probably does not need the authentication anymore.)

Hello everyone, I would like your opinions on this one before I buy it.

I was looking for M16 helmets reused by the Dutch Civil Guard in 1919 and I came across this one.
    Now I think that this one was actually reissued in the Netherlands during the German occupation in WW2 and not 1919, because of the liner. So that's why I'm posting it here. (I hope that this is not the wrong thread!)
    I really like the look of this one and I have special love for German helmets reused by the Dutch (probably because I'm Dutch ) so I hope there's nothing wrong with this one.
    (The seller painted his initials on the inside and I don't know whether or not he's okay with me posting those so I blurred them out)

All help is appreciated!

Lucas

M16 Stahlhelm Dutch civil reissue.M16 Stahlhelm Dutch civil reissue.M16 Stahlhelm Dutch civil reissue.M16 Stahlhelm Dutch civil reissue.M16 Stahlhelm Dutch civil reissue.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Stahlhelm Dutch civil reissue.
    P
    Many

The shell is good and seems to retain some of the original paint from WWI. I don't like the liner and the installation. I can't comment on the PIKET marking. This is an odd one to be sure. Does E.H.B.O. refer to Eerste Hulp or First Aid? NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The shell is good and seems to retain some of the original paint from WWI. I don't like the liner and the installation. I can't comment on the PIKET marking. This is an odd one to be sure. Does E.H.B.O. refer to Eerste Hulp or First Aid? NH
    Hello, thank you for your reply.
    It is a strange liner, maybe it is a Dutch one manufactured in 1919? The only other two examples of Dutch civil service M16's (that I've seen) also had this exact liner so I'm assuming that it is probably not unoriginal.
    I think that there's one of these in a Dutch helmet collector's book with this liner as well, but I do not have that book yet, I only saw a little preview of it.
    And yes, EHBO stands for ''Eerste Hulp Bij Ongelukken'' which translates to: ''First Aid At Accidents''.

Lucas

Hello everyone,

This helmet arrived a while ago and it looks really good in my collection. After some digging online I've come to the conclusion that this helmet was probably used alongside a civil guard from the period 1919-1930. Unless the liner does turn out to be a liner from a WW2 German civil helmet but from what I know it isn't.

Btw, the green paint on the inside does not appear to be the original WW1 paint but was applied somewhere in it's civil use life.
    I guess that this helmet is in the wrong section now? I have no idea which section would be best suited for this thread though.

Lucas