Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M18 Cutout Helmet?

Article about: Hello Forum, i have come across this helmet at a local antique shop - it seems to be an M18 cutout. Sadly the outside is modern grey overpainted. The Inside looks to be black in the skirt (I

I have finished removing the paint - and underneath slumbered a really nice WW1 paintjob with both original decals.
    Sadly, it is impossible to free the decals without damaging them, i tried on both - but on the (already heavy damaged) national shield it would rub off the red and black color and on the heer every attempt left only the silver backing paper. Thus i have decided to leave what remains of the decals untouched.

There are still some remains of the black and grey in the spots where the WW1 paintjob is damaged, but i will leave it like this, i will also leave the inside completly untouched, as whoever tried removing the paint before me did so aswell.

I still think what is left is a fairly nice M18 cutout - the Paint has survived remarkebly well! I am quiet happy with the result.

M18 Cutout Helmet?M18 Cutout Helmet?M18 Cutout Helmet?M18 Cutout Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Cutout Helmet?
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2