Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M18 Decal?

Article about: Hi, i got this badly abused m18 helmet and i started stripping some post war paint of it with acetone. I found this white shape that reminds me of a decal. This is my first helmet so dont ro

Default M18 Decal?

Hi, i got this badly abused m18 helmet and i started stripping some post war paint of it with acetone. I found this white shape that reminds me of a decal. This is my first helmet so dont roast me to badly if its completely obvious that its not a decal . I got scared to keep removing the paint over the "decal area" which is why its really hard to see it, i tought i would ask some more knowledgeable collectors for help before doing anything more. (White lines in the first two are not real, their just there to help you see it better) Thank you!

M18 Decal?

M18 Decal?

M18 Decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Decal?
    P
    Many

Hi Axel,

Could you please post a shot of the entire helmet for evaluation (both inside and out). You may be right, it might be the remains of a decal, albeit placed slightly higher than normal. Seeing the entire helmet will greatly assist in evaluation.

Thanks,
    Andy

ww2 hemet?

My first post about the helmet. (Before i strated stripping the paint

Hi Andy. Here is a link to my first post about the helmet ( Before i started stripping the paint) ww2 hemet?

Hi Axel, thanks for the link. With so much original paint missing its hard to really say what colour the paint was on the shell prior to the post war paint but I still think the helmet could possibly have been a transitional helmet at some point but hard to say.

Andy