Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M1940 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

Article about: Hello fellow members, I came across this stahlhelm. Looks too perfect and as far as I know double decals are rare since it was phased out in 1943. But since I’m still looking for a Luftwaf

Default M1940 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

Hello fellow members,

I came across this stahlhelm. Looks too perfect and as far as I know double decals are rare since it was phased out in 1943. But since I’m still looking for a Luftwaffe stahlhelm and since I’m still learning, I wanted to get opinions on the authenticity.

Thank you very much in advance

M1940 Luftwaffe StahlhelmM1940 Luftwaffe StahlhelmM1940 Luftwaffe StahlhelmM1940 Luftwaffe StahlhelmM1940 Luftwaffe StahlhelmM1940 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1940 Luftwaffe Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Looks like the eagle was denazified then touched up with paint ( the shield too ) - it has a real "play worn" look to it with all the scrapes and paint on the outside!
    I wonder if Mike Lewis ( 3rd photo ) was a postwar kid that scratched his name and a swaz on the skirt while playing soldier?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Agree with Dan, regarding the decals being touched up. Unfortunately a little bit abused over the years. Here’s a link to some more information that charts the evolution of the Luftwaffe helmet both before and during the war.
    Luftwaffe Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Thank you both very much!!. I think I’m going to skip this. I found another. I’d like to get opinions on that as well.

For reference, this is $900

M38
    ?

Agree with above assessment, only thing to add is that it is an M35 not an M40. Wise choice. The other one you show is very nice although a later model.

Cheers,
    Terry