Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M34 fake decals ?

Article about: I bought this helmet a few days ago for a low price, in fact perhaps to low to be true. I was convinced of the authenticity of the decals but looking over and over to the pictures I began to

For educational purposes : magnification of the (good) swastica of the M34 mentioned by Frank (picture taken by my mobile phone with steady hand...)
    Ooh...Polizei decals have silver pulver too ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 fake decals ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 fake decals ?
    P
    Many

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Frank, I know...the price in combination with the fact that the helmet was complete (130 euro) fooled me....but I could have been fooled worse I think. The quality of the picture of the eagle I posted here (with magnification here when you click on the + sign) is almost impossible to get from a dealer or someone else selling a helmet even with good intentions from the seller. And only on the magnified picture here I see the indentation of the swastica...Perhaps the fact that no one but you shared a reaction to this helmet proofs how easy people can be fooled...I guess most people could not tell if decals where fake and why...But again you are right...the price was a red flag..
    According the the helmet you mentioned above : it is not the same maker. Did makers of M34 helmets also use their own decals as their are many variations of polizei decals ? Thanks again !!!!!
    Sorry super moderator (I am very bad in memorising first names...), you posted while I was writing this one.
    Erwin
    There are some variations Erwin specifically found on civic shells. Some combat ones can be found on civic shells too.
    If you look at the BXF from MAP and the one on my website , they have different decals.
    I think that it is possible the decals were not factory applied.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    For educational purposes : magnification of the (good) swastica of the M34 mentioned by Frank (picture taken by my mobile phone with steady hand...)
    Ooh...Polizei decals have silver pulver too ?
    Some reading Erwin :-)
    About Decals – German Helmet Vault

@Michael : sorry I mentioned your name and two minutes later I forgot it....Dementia praecox (...although at 60 ?)
    Erwin

MAP
    ?

You can call me anything No worries
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2