Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?

Article about: Hello friends, A work associate brought this helmet in for identification. Clearly, it is a Feurschutz helmet but I do not know the time period. I know these were made during war time and af

Default M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?

Hello friends, A work associate brought this helmet in for identification. Clearly, it is a Feurschutz helmet but I do not know the time period. I know these were made during war time and afterwards but my knowledge beyond that is very slim. Any help would be appreciated. It once had a leather neck protector but that has been tossed out. Thanks, Neil

M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Feurschutz Stahlhelm - war time or post war?
    P
    Many

The ones that have a DIN stamp are post war. I think yours has one in the back.

Thanks. With your info I found this description by David Fraser on Treasure Bunker.

DIN 14940 was issued as a draft standard, designated 'DIN V 14940', in 1956. It was approved in 1962 but compulsory marking of helmets was not required until 1981. However, most manufacturers marked their shells voluntarily. Helmets manufactured between 1956 and 1962 could only be marked with ‘DIN’ with a straight line above and below the three letters, indicating that they complied with a draft standard. The standard colour for German fire helmets until around 1970 was black, although Bavaria opted for red during the 1960's. From around 1970 onwards, the more familiar pale yellow luminous paint finish took over. Also, up to around 1970, most shells were steel. After about 1970 there was a universal shift to aluminium.

MAP
    ?

Looks post war to me. Not a style I study though. So will defer to our friend Frank!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)