Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this M34 helmet from the WW2 era or postwar?

Article about: I recently got this M34 helmet, but I don’t know if it’s from the WW2 era because of the liner (vent holes on the front). I don’t see any markings or stamps inside, only old red paint

?

Lightbulb Is this M34 helmet from the WW2 era or postwar?

I recently got this M34 helmet, but I don’t know if it’s from the WW2 era because of the liner (vent holes on the front). I don’t see any markings or stamps inside, only old red paint under the liner. Maybe it was repainted. I would appreciate any help! :)

Is this M34 helmet from the WW2 era or postwar?Is this M34 helmet from the WW2 era or postwar?Is this M34 helmet from the WW2 era or postwar?Is this M34 helmet from the WW2 era or postwar?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this M34 helmet from the WW2 era or postwar?
    P
    Many

It was reissued post war as a fireman’s helmet.

?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    It was reissued post war as a fireman’s helmet.
    Thank you for your reply! Do you think it’s a WW2 era helmet (possibly Feuershutzpolizei) that was then reissued? Maybe they changed the color to red after the war, and painted it black again years later.

I believe it’s a post war produced, there should be markings at the rear of the skirt if it was ww2 produced.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    I believe it’s a post war produced, there should be markings at the rear of the skirt if it was ww2 produced.
    Not all wartime M34 produced shells have visible markings. But the round cork spacers indicate a late or post war helmet I have been told.

I didn’t know that I thought they all had some sort of marking and yeah the circle spacers is what makes me think post war.

I realize that I am nine months late to this conversation, but I have a war time Thale "A" marked M34 square dip that has round cork spacers and I have every reason to believe it is correct based on other features. Is there some good documentary evidence to support round spacers being post war period features?

Maybe it's my failing eyesight, but are the spacers round or have they been trimmed?

Hello there, I believe its a reissue fire helmet. still a nice find though!