Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M34 Luftschutz helmet with girl name

Article about: Hello, here you have my M34 helmet from the Luftschutz. It does not have interior markings, but it does have the name of the woman who used it, Clara Kortum, apparently in a factory. She has

Fairly rare to positively identify (other than just a name) an original owner of a helmet. So that makes this one quite special.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Luftschutz helmet with girl name
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am not sure I believe that, I would have to see proof.
    Ralph.
    I think he is generalising the roles of Luftwaffenhelfer here Ralph and female Reichsluftschutzbund memebers.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Fairly rare to positively identify (other than just a name) an original owner of a helmet. So that makes this one quite special.
    If the photo is indeed of that woman , sometimes photos are abused as a sales argument.
    The provenance as provided is quite meagre if non exisitent. We do not know the origin of the helmet , ebay , dealer , private... and how the previous owner deduced ownership.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    If the photo is indeed of that woman , sometimes photos are abused as a sales argument.
    The provenance as provided is quite meagre if non exisitent. We do not know the origin of the helmet , ebay , dealer , private... and how the previous owner deduced ownership.
    Fair point. #1 Original poster said he came up with the photo, then later that the seller sent it with the helmet. Photo is clearly cropped so we can only guess.

Hello, the helmet was bought through Ebay, the seller sent me a photocopy of the photograph, which I later scanned to be able to give it a size of 10x15 and from that photo make a photo for the forum. Anyway I leave you a photo of the photocopy that the seller sent me. I have tried searching the internet for the photo, but to no avail. All the best..M34 Luftschutz helmet with girl name

Quote by juanjo67 View Post
    Hello, the helmet was bought through Ebay, the seller sent me a photocopy of the photograph, which I later scanned to be able to give it a size of 10x15 and from that photo make a photo for the forum. Anyway I leave you a photo of the photocopy that the seller sent me. I have tried searching the internet for the photo, but to no avail. All the best..M34 Luftschutz helmet with girl name
    So as I thought there is nothing that links the photo to the helmet. The helmet on the photo may even be a beaded one. If you look at the first better photo provided.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Well, in late war days that definitly happend. There are for example multiple woman who got the iron cross, a combat award.
    Multiple women? Only three, and one of those was Hanna Reitsch. Still, your definition of multiple just about covers the term.

Obviously, it is an act of confidence between the seller and the buyer. The fact that you sent me a photocopy, it may be because the family that owns the helmet did not want to part with the original photo, but all are assumptions, of course. And the expression "he came up with the photo" was a bad google translation, I don't speak English well, hahaha.

As long as you are happy with the helmet, which is named, and you paid what you thought was the right price then all is fine. You can still see if you can find more about the owner.

Thank you for your appreciation, I will continue to investigate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2