Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD Army

Article about: Hey everyone, this is my first time starting a thread here. Here is a helmet I picked up at the SoS this weekend. I was turned onto this forum when I met member 'real steel' at the airport.

Default M35 DD Army

Hey everyone, this is my first time starting a thread here. Here is a helmet I picked up at the SoS this weekend. I was turned onto this forum when I met member 'real steel' at the airport. I'll try to get around to posting more of my helmets in the future.

Thanks for looking.

Jordan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Army   M35 DD Army  

M35 DD Army   M35 DD Army  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Army
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

David is now recruiting at the airport???? LoL I wonder if he gets a commission....

Well I'm on my cell phone right now with tiny scream and old(er) eyes but looks like a top shelf DD to me. Sweetness

I have a similar 62 DD M35 with place of capture as well. (Wirges 1945) but the vet varnished it which bothers some but not me.

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Jordan, welcome to the forum. David is a top guy to know in life and collecting so you have made yourself a great friend there! That is one beautiful M35 HEER double decal, a real top end example with all matching wear and patina, simply superb. Is this your first helmet or as I suspect, one of many!!! Leon.

A fantastic looking helmet - will meet with approval here I think.
    Just don't turn the gas on.
    Nick

Welcome aboard! And what an entrance - a super DD Heer. I look forward to your future threads, Jim G.

Wow, what a beautiful piece & thank you for sharing ! A direct link to the past !
    Regards
    Paul

Pure speculation on my part but if the helmet was picked up in the hurtgen forest battle, which lasted 6 months and cost many American lives. The helmet is not a combat used helmet in the sense because this one is beautiful and no damage, it had to come from a german officer or at the least a soldier that was captured rather quickly. Just a thought at 6 in the morning.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nice helmet Jordan & was fun talking with you at the airport. (I watched him buy this from the Doctor at the SOS). Then I saw him sitting in the terminal with a brown paper bag next to him a day later...was easy determining what was in the brown bag

It was great to meet you David!

Jordan

Can't upgrade that helmet , nice pick-up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast