Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 dd dak luftwaffe

Article about: M35 Luftwaffe, took a few outside pictures that show the paint colour nicely.

Default M35 dd dak luftwaffe

M35 Luftwaffe, took a few outside pictures that show the paint colour nicely.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 dd dak luftwaffe   M35 dd dak luftwaffe  

M35 dd dak luftwaffe   M35 dd dak luftwaffe  

M35 dd dak luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 dd dak luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Can you give us some background to it? ....and an inside shot, maker, size and and lot # please. All adds to the piece .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Can you give us some background to it? ....and an inside shot, maker, size and and lot # please. All adds to the piece .....
    Agree , a helmet should be presented in its entirety. Would like to see a straight up close up of the decal as well.

Close up of Decal , NS62 D237. The leather part of the liner had been removed leaving just the band when the helmet was liberated from a POW Camp in Tunisia . A period liner has been carefully sewn in without disturbing the pins and band. Chin strap is the original to the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 dd dak luftwaffe   M35 dd dak luftwaffe  

Too bad about the resewn leather.
    That's the thing with helmets , when you start to swap / add big parts for me it makes them less interesting. Especially with camo's it's a dangerous thing as it can cast doubt on the camo when people notice a helmet that's been fiddled with.
    I know some guys take off broken chinstrap ends also , I tend to keep it as they come , adding a chinstrap I still do if the helmet has none and if I have a spare.

I could remove it, as only the leather . The guy I got it from and the previous collection it’s been in I’m more that happy with it as the camo is really good. As long as no one is being fooled by it then I don’t see a problem. I know a lot of liners were removed on the camps as the leather was useful for other things. Really adding a strap or carefully adding the leather is not harmful to the original parts.

Looks like it was named too. Good looking helmet, shame early collectors had to dink with stuff and dig out decals.

Yes, shame about not retaining its original liner but many didn’t as we know. Nice camo that will display well.

Not sure if the decal is dug as no marks on the decal it self to suggest it’s be picked at , no dents or dig in marks. I thought it was masked off when paint applied.

Always amazing how tonal shift occurs depending on light source. I first thought it was a Pinky until I saw the indoor images. Despite being fiddled with in regards to the liner it's still a great looking helmet IMO. Congrats on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast