Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 DD/ et66 / #4588

Article about: Hello Forum, me again.. i hope not to annoy you with all my posts lately. Today i have a M35, ex DD, ET66 for you, Lot Number is 4588. Repainted with a extra layer of paint. Named "Will

The liner looks fine , I think some good photos also of the overpaint in real light are important. It looks weird from these photos. The top damage especially as if it was heavily cleaned.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    P
    Many

?

hi all together, the seller sent me additional photos in better resolution
    he said, its a "abgetarnt" Kriegsmarine!

hopefully the pictures are good enough - and please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

Regards,
    Tobi

M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588
    M35 DD/ et66 / #4588

What I find weird about the overpaint on the top of the helmet is that where the helmet is missing the overpaint the original paint is all still there I’d expect to see at least some bare metal but I’m looking on my phone so I can’t see the greatest does anyone else see bare metal where paint has worn away?

IMO there is something a little off about the overpaint in certain areas where it looks a lot newer than the areas showing patina. It does have decals but fakers have been known to cover decals just leaving a minute part exposed in order to deceive. I don’t like the lack of reaction between the overpaint and decals particularly the tri colour. No crazing, no ghosting and the odd exposed areas showing a white surface area. A USB microscope over the KM decal would be interesting.

I think this is one I would want to inspect in person.

Andy

I agree w Andy. Something looks odd for sure. It doesn’t look natural as an overpaint does after many many years. The Kind of thin layer over the decals. Looks like a shot to be a KM decal w the obvious Gold ... but hard to tell. Also (doesn’t mean they don’t exist) many Navy helmets had the Tri-Color scraped off on ET M35s leaving the original green paint rather than repaint the whole helmet. And if they did The Gold KM decal was many times intact. Usually painted around.

The Camos that I do see for KM where the decal is painted over are usually somewhat more substantial Camouflage patterns. Not a straight overpaint like this. Just an observation.
    Z

Agree Zach regarding the KM decal being painted over being an anomaly but I just haven’t seen enough KM overpaints to compare with. But from the examples I’ve seen they do appear painted around.
    Andy

Agree Zach regarding the KM decal being painted over being an anomaly but I just haven’t seen enough KM overpaints to compare with. But from the examples I’ve seen they do appear painted around.
    Andy

?

Makes sense what you wrote, AndyM35 and others.
    Now i have very mixed feelings about this helmet.. especially because it is really expensive in my eyes.

If you don't feel good about it, don't buy it.

?

thank you guys for your honest opinion and tips on this helmet.
    i told the seller that i will not buy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2