Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

m35 DD Luftwaffe with fake camo

Article about: Just saw this helmet for sale. It is a m35 DD Luftwaffe helmet with a fake camo. Why do I think that the camo is fake? Because the helmet has been at an auction before (without the camo) and

?

Default m35 DD Luftwaffe with fake camo

Just saw this helmet for sale (as original). It is a m35 DD Luftwaffe helmet with a fake camo. Why do I think that the camo is fake? Because the helmet has been at an auction before (without the camo) and I have actually had it in my hands at the auction. See the before and after below.

Hill

- - ------- - -

before
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m35 DD Luftwaffe with fake camo   m35 DD Luftwaffe with fake camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m35 DD Luftwaffe with fake camo
    P
    Many

?

After
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m35 DD Luftwaffe with fake camo   m35 DD Luftwaffe with fake camo  

m35 DD Luftwaffe with fake camo  

TWS
    ?

Such a shame.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

It does not really look like a fake camo to me, it looks more like it used to be varnished? As it was WAY too shiny, even for an M35 - then someone tried to remove the varnish but was... not completly sucessful. In any case a helmet sadly ruined - and even a named one, what a shame.

?

Quote by Adravor View Post
    It does not really look like a fake camo to me, it looks more like it used to be varnished? As it was WAY too shiny, even for an M35 - then someone tried to remove the varnish but was... not completly sucessful. In any case a helmet sadly ruined - and even a named one, what a shame.
    Agree!

MAP
    ?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Agree!
    Agree +2
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes, indeed it used to be varnished.

These are the kind of people that take apart a lamp to see why the light does not go on when they just need to plug it in.

We see this happen in this hobby with many artifacts ....totally messed with ...says alot more than 1000 words
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill