Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD SS Helmet

Article about: Hi guys so I’ve been looking at this SS Helmet and I’ve wanted a SS helmet but I see they usually go around 10k+ u.s dollars and I’m just not willing to pay that. I found this one sign

Default M35 DD SS Helmet

Hi guys so I’ve been looking at this SS Helmet and I’ve wanted a SS helmet but I see they usually go around 10k+ u.s dollars and I’m just not willing to pay that. I found this one significantly less and I assume that’s because of the SS decal being around 50%. Also looks like a good ET decal. The helmet will probably take me a long while to pay off because although it’s not 10k it’s still a big amount of money for me to pay and will be my last helmet of 2020 and probably half of 2021. Thank you for any opinions I know these SS helmets can be tricky lol. Forgot to add it’s a ET 64 with lot number 4378
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD SS Helmet   M35 DD SS Helmet  

M35 DD SS Helmet   M35 DD SS Helmet  

M35 DD SS Helmet   M35 DD SS Helmet  

M35 DD SS Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD SS Helmet
    P
    Many

I thought you already purchased and SS helmet Giants? The one in your avatar? SS helmets will always be at the high end of collecting price wise so unless you happen to get incredibly lucky you can always expect to pay a large sum of money.

If I was looking to buy an SS helmet I would be looking to purchase one with good decals even though the price will be higher and it might take longer. In my opinion with an SS lid it’s all about the decals so when and if it comes time to re-sell you’ll want a nice example with good decals to ensure you can re-coup your money.

Andy

Hi Andy yess I still have my M40 SD SS helmet I thought about this one because it was a M35 and I’d like to get a M35, m40 (done) and M42 that way I have each combat helmet of the SS I agree totally with looking for a better decal but realistically I can not go higher than 6k or my fiancé might leave me lol!! And that is very smart to think of the Re-selling. sometimes I see a helmet come available and I just want impulse buy haha

Ah OK, I understand what you are saying about having a representative of each shell. It’s a good collecting theme. You have a very nice collection already and I think it would be a pity not to keep to the same standards. The impulse will always be there but it’s part of the hobby (and one I struggle with) to temper that impulse and aim for the best you can afford even though it might take longer.

Andy

Thank you Andy! I’ll take a breath and think about the helmet some more you have great points!

Maybe it’s just me looking from my phone but I feel something is off. To me it looks like something has attacked the SS decal in some areas( same look that dug out decals have) also on the full side shot of the SS decal side one area seems to have had bare metal exposed recently.(where the front visor transitions into the neck guard, also doesn’t look like a naturally worn area)
    Maybe it’s just me but I sense the possibility that something was removed from the helmet, maybe a coat of post war laquer.
    Maybe it’s just me though.
    I’ll take a look from my PC tomorrow though.
    Luis

Looks right to me. Jim G.

Hi PotatoeDigger! I think the SS Decal was due to someone De-nazifying because if you look closely at the swastika part shield decal it looks like someone scratched a Ex into it.

Hey Giants, a word of advice from an elder ......buy what you want now while she's still just your fiancé ...
    - once you sign the paperwork & the ankle tracker is attached, its a WHOLE new ball game!! ( YOUR balls )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Lol thank you Danmark that gave me a good laugh!! Haha if I come across a double decal SS helmet I can’t live without I might just have to make the purchase!