Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Legit

Article about: HI there! I found this German helmet for sale. What do you think about this? Regards, Denis

Default M35 Legit

HI there! I found this German helmet for sale.
    What do you think about this?

Regards, Denis

M35 LegitM35 LegitM35 LegitM35 LegitM35 LegitM35 LegitM35 LegitM35 LegitM35 Legit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Legit
    P
    Many

The shell, the paint and what is left of the decals look period, but there are some funky scratches/abrasions around the decals that suggest that there was some effort to expose the decal remnants. The liner band looks fine, but the leather looks like it might have been installed recently. For the most part at least a real one but with real obvious liabilities. Jim G.

Thank you. What a reasonable price for it?

Quote by Colletwear View Post
    Thank you. What a reasonable price for it?
    You pay what you can afford and are willing to spend. We generally don't talk prices here (see forum rules) , you can find prices all over internet. If it was me I would look for an unmessed with example.

Posting and Conduct:
    We encourage open debate and discussion from ALL member. However, if providing an opinion please provide supporting evidence.
    Members must treat each other with respect. Personal attacks and / or baiting, whether overt or implied are not allowed. Trolling will not be tolerated. Abusive, foul or racist language will not be tolerated.
    One helmet per post when evaluating an item.
    Post helmets in the correct sub-forums.
    Valuation – We are happy to help review an item for authenticity but we do NOT provide monetary evaluation. Furthermore, in most cases, discussion on the prices paid / sold for an item are to be avoided.
    Each thread may only contain posts about the subject of that thread or to further the discussion. Off-topic posts can be moved or deleted at the discretion of the moderators.
    Threads / posts started to create controversy are not allowed and will be deleted.

I will consider, thanks

Can you please tell me. How much I can see by the peeling paint, the helmet was repainted and the pictures were applied to the top layer. The question is, why are there no decal residues under the top coat of paint? Sorry for my english.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Legit  

These closeup are much better. Thanks you! These decals were originally applied to an apple green M35 shell as you can see the apple green directly under the decal. The helmet was then likely painted over around 1940 with a darker green field grey paint covering the national shield and leaving the Heer decal exposed but painted around.

Andy

Default M35 decal

Let me know what you think about it thanks!
    The decal is applied on the second layer, why is there no decal on the first layer(apple green)?

M35 Legit

Would probably be best if you posted pics of the whole helmet, to get a general overview !
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast