Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M35 ex DD untouched attic find

Article about: Writing this from holiday in the Netherlands, but while I’m here I’m still checking around if I can find something nice popping up in Germany. And I found something, that something is th

Default M35 ex DD untouched attic find

Writing this from holiday in the Netherlands, but while I’m here I’m still checking around if I can find something nice popping up in Germany.
    And I found something, that something is this little helmet.
    Been wanting a very early M35 for some time now and this seems to fit that niche pretty well.
    For now I know it’s an M35 with both decals carefully(probably period) removed in size 66 with a nice early liner with embossed size stamp and a nice chinstrap.
    Very similar to a helmet I almost got some time ago which I posted on ghv, the Q66 M35 if anyone recalls, with the moldy liner.
    I spent a little more on it that I usually would (520€) but I wanted it, and you don’t get a more untouched looking helmet than one like this
    Will be posting more and better pictures when I have it in hand.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 ex DD untouched attic find   M35 ex DD untouched attic find  

M35 ex DD untouched attic find   M35 ex DD untouched attic find  

M35 ex DD untouched attic find   M35 ex DD untouched attic find  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ex DD untouched attic find
    P
    Many

Nice Potato. Nice stamped Liner. It certainly does look like it was in an attic until yesterday. Cant see any flags. Some nice paint still entact on there. Any maker markings ? Now don't go scrubbing it with bleach or something....you wanted an untouched and now you got an untouched Any story w this one ?
    Z

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Nice Potato. Nice stamped Liner. It certainly does look like it was in an attic until yesterday. Cant see any flags. Some nice paint still entact on there. Any maker markings ? Now don't go scrubbing it with bleach or something....you wanted an untouched and now you got an untouched Any story w this one ?
    Z
    Yes, certainly a nice potato
    Also just about the condition I’d still take, if it were rustier than this I would’ve probably passed.
    I’ll see the markings once I have it, I doubt the seller knows much about markings and stuff, he just told me he’d sell it to whoever was gonna pay 500, which I did (plus 20€ PayPal fee cuz I didn’t wanna get scammed like what almost happened earlier that day but I evaded that dickhead)
    And I think a wire brush would do to reveal those markings, right? Just gently remove the paint until it’s bare metal.
    I’ll ask the seller if he knows anything about it.
    Luis

Also, I just asked the seller, they bought a house in Friedrichstadt (Northern Germany, close to the North Sea, explains the corrosion ) and found it in the attic.
    Unfortunately nothing else regarding provenance.
    Maybe there’s a unit mark in the liner or some marking in the dome..
    Luis

PS: he just shipped it, can’t wait for Friday when I’ll be home to get a good look at it haha

?

Hello, nice looking helm. Raul

I saw that one too! Nice u found a good home for it! I would have bought it myself, but the price was not for me... Its still a beautiful and really nice helmet!

Good news!
    I just got home and looked at the helmet, very untouched indeed, full of dirt between leather and liner band
    I'll make a seperate thread for it tomorrow when I'll be able to take some photos.
    Here's some info to note down.
    Q66 lot 2823 or 2828, very nice 1936 (I) dome stamp, 1936 G. Schiele Loburg strap with a marking on it "Esk. I" (I. Eskadron, so from a cavalry unit) and a 1935 dated Schuberth liner with embossed size stamp which also has a 1931 marking in it.
    Stay tuned for more haha
    Luis

That is a nice helmet! Very cool you are the first collector to own it!

Glad your excited Luis
    Z

Excellent helmet luis
    BG