Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Former DD Heer

Article about: New arrival. Former DD Q64, lot # 1886. National colors decal removed. Appears to be named to a Lt (Leutnant) Manz. Liner band dated 1937. I'm a sucker for prewar helmets and decided to pick

TWS
    ?

Default M35 Former DD Heer

New arrival. Former DD Q64, lot # 1886. National colors decal removed. Appears to be named to a Lt (Leutnant) Manz. Liner band dated 1937.

I'm a sucker for prewar helmets and decided to pick this one up. I couldn't resist setting it next to my prewar EF66 (left) that also had the decal removed per regulations.

The wear to the top of the dome on this one is pronounced. It is mostly now just a dark brown patina with little paint left in that area, indicating it probably saw a good bit of use. The drawstring holes in the liner are also "ovaled" out a good bit, backing up that observation. The smooth paint on these plays havoc with the lamplight, causing large reflections. However, we'll soldier through.

M35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD Heer
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Former DD Heer
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

And here it is next to my EF66 (left). Couldn't get all photos to upload in one post.

M35 Former DD HeerM35 Former DD Heer
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

very nice Todd. Congrats

Lighting makes both helmets look like they've been varnished.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    very nice Todd. Congrats

Lighting makes both helmets look like they've been varnished.
    Thanks. And I agree. I did the photo shoot at night, so no outdoor shots. As you pointed out, helmets with smooth paint look like that when you aim lamps directly at them. In some of the shots I pointed the lamps up at the ceiling away from the helmets but it's still tough.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Nice pick up, congratulations.
    The pics do make the exterior paint look quite dark though.