Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Heer DD

Article about: Good afternoon, Gentlemen, And another stupid question from a "medal" guy How does this one look for you (except bad condition)? Strangely enough it has no maker mark/size on a pla

Default M35 Heer DD

Good afternoon, Gentlemen,
    And another stupid question from a "medal" guy
    How does this one look for you (except bad condition)? Strangely enough it has no maker mark/size on a place where it has to be, only lot number.

Best!
    Serg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Heer DD   M35 Heer DD  

M35 Heer DD   M35 Heer DD  

M35 Heer DD   M35 Heer DD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer DD
    P
    Many

Before any real Statement I would like to see decal closeups.

From what I can see I think it is good. Too bad some little bastard used the Adler for target practice with his BB gun! I have a droop bill Police helmet with similar dings. Luckily for me, my little juvenile delinquent wasn't quite as good a shot and the damage to the decal on my piece isn't nearly as bad as on yours. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 05-07-2021 at 11:59 PM.

Alas, I do not have it in hands yet, and these are the only pictures I have at the moment.

The helmet is an EF , it has the typical Jutner decal.
    But just because of how the tricolor was molested I would pass up this one.

Hmmm...tricolor looks interesting, as if the owner of the helmet painted it over following new decal regulations. But then someone tried to scratch this paint later. Am I right?
    Ok, I'll provide good pics when I'll have it in hands. As I understand so far it looks promising?

I agree with Frank, the tricolor has been messed with.
    I've seen a few ex-DD M35s now that just had the tricolor painted over in the field in green and probably just as many where someone took to some sort of thinner to try and "liberate it", and always ruining the look of the helmet
    Luis

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    I agree with Frank, the tricolor has been messed with.
    I've seen a few ex-DD M35s now that just had the tricolor painted over in the field in green and probably just as many where someone took to some sort of thinner to try and "liberate it", and always ruining the look of the helmet
    Luis
    Out of curiosity, as I'm new to helmets and mostly a badge collector...what was the reason to do something with tricolor? It's clear when it comes to swaz, but in this case? Almost same colors as today.

This helmet was originally issued as a double decal, in early 1940 a new regulation was issued, whereby the tricolour shield was to be painted over, most helmets were 'over painted' with a darker grey green paint, & a new Heer decal applied (or the original one painted around). Your example has been 'dug out' meaning that the original overpaint has been removed in recent years, to expose the tricolour thus interfering with it's originality.
    Regards
    Paul

The "little bastard" with the air rifle is now a senior citizen!.... and i was always taught to respect my elders
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "