Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Heer opinion

Article about: Greetings. I ask you for opinions on this helmet M35 Heer. Inner circle marked 1938 Thank you .

Default M35 Heer opinion

Greetings.
    I ask you for opinions on this helmet M35 Heer.
    Inner circle marked 1938 Thank you
    M35 Heer opinionM35 Heer opinionM35 Heer opinionM35 Heer opinionM35 Heer opinionM35 Heer opinionM35 Heer opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Heer opinion
    P
    Many

Looks to me like someone tried to "liberate" the tricolor from the most likely period overpaint, which didn't really work.
    If others think the same it'll be a real shame as it would've been a nice DD to SD M35 in a small size in nice condition.
    Luis

TWS
    ?

Looks good from here. Appears to me to be factory original paint. The Tricolor was covered up with dark gray paint which was subsequently removed. I've seen a couple helmets where the tricolor was covered up with a patch of paint - dark gray in fact - rather than scratched off. I've also seen dark gray touch up after the decal was scratched off. However in this case the dark gray paint appears to be on top of the decal.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

While never seeing something like this, I agree. Looks period but no way to be sure...And then someone post war did a bad job trying to liberate.

Nice small sized 60 which are hard to find. But that alone does not make it desirable.

The question is what do you want? With the poor liberation, the price on this should be cheap.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks to all of the answers.

?

If its cheap enough i would go for it.Even with the badly liberated decal it still is a nice helmet in my opinion.
    Ripper.