Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Legit

Article about: HI there! I found this German helmet for sale. What do you think about this? Regards, Denis

I disagree with the last comment that the paint was around the decal. It is clearly seen that the delacal is located on the second layer(darker green field grey)
    Last edited by MAP; 12-02-2021 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Removed link as threads are now merged

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Legit
    P
    Many

Quote by Colletwear View Post
    M35 Legit

The helmet was discussed, sorry if I created a new topic in vain. I disagree with the last comment that the paint was around the decal. It is clearly seen that the delacal is located on the second layer(darker green field grey)
    Not a good idea creating several topics on one subject , people will ask for more photos. I do agree with the last comment in the previous topic.

MAP
    ?

I have merger the two threads and edited some non relevant comments to keep the topic focused on the helmet and decal
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your opinion, maybe I don't understand something, but the decal is on the second layer
    M35 LegitM35 Legit

MAP
    ?

From these better photos it does appear to be on the second layer. Other sections it appears to be on the first layer.

Obviously you can't have the same decal on both layers...so an odd combination of observations.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

In my opinion the Heer decal is painted over the the original apple green layer of paint and the decal was later painted around with some of the overpaint sitting over parts of the decal but appearing to be under. If the decal was over the later paint, why would we see a small piece of decal (circled below) floating over the green with no paint other than the apple green in sight? There are other areas also where we see light green paint under the decal (see photo below). In another area (see photo with green childlike scrawl) we can see grey, black decal and green with the green sitting below the decal and grey paint.

Furthermore, it wouldn’t it make sense to add another Heer decal when it could simply be painted over like the Nat shield or painted around. And if it was a new decal we would see remnants below. This I believe is why you are not seeing any other decal.

These views are based on the photos presented. In hand (which is always best) , it might look different. Overall a bit of an odd messed with helmet but still interesting to study.
    M35 LegitM35 LegitM35 Legit

We see light green paint only because the gray paint on which the picture is applied is sprinkled, I hold the helmet in my hands and clearly see that black is on top of the gray, I don’t know how to reflect this in the photo. I tried to highlight with a flashlight the boundaries of places where the paint cracked.
    black has no clear lines because it is on gray and the color is washed out over time. the same with the second decal, if you zoom in, you will see that it is applied to gray
    M35 LegitM35 LegitM35 LegitM35 LegitM35 Legit

Andy , topic poster cannot be convinced save yourself the trouble. You are right though.

?

I’ve seen this helmet before. It’s from Stalingrad front this was a dug up near a famous German fortress. Price seems decent. But it doesn’t seem like a dig up helmet. Think they lied there. It’s good to see originals pop up from there website

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast