Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M35 Luftwaffe DD

Article about: So I’ve been looking at this luftwaffe helmet for a while and I like it and I like the m35 style square chinstrap holders (not sure what the official name for them is). One thing that I do q

Default M35 Luftwaffe DD

So I’ve been looking at this luftwaffe helmet for a while and I like it and I like the m35 style square chinstrap holders (not sure what the official name for them is). One thing that I do question is the color of the paint I have never seen this style of paint on a luftwaffe helmet before it just seems like a very different type of grey. Could it be a re-paint?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe DD   M35 Luftwaffe DD  

M35 Luftwaffe DD   M35 Luftwaffe DD  

M35 Luftwaffe DD  
    Last edited by Giants77; 01-09-2019 at 05:32 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe DD
    P
    Many

That's a nice solid helmet from what I can see. Strap on a 1938 example should be brown...but this might be, can't tell. But even if strap is replaced, it's a good helmet. It is not repainted. Quist, NS, & sometimes ET early made Lufts can be observed with a lighter more gray paint. Actually I like the blue/gray color. Plus added patina might have an effect also. Only possible problem is if the swaz has been touched up with white paint, I cannot tell. That's a detail to question
    D.

Looks all good.

It's all as it should be, but i think the black area to the National shield has been touched up as well as the Swastika area, when who knows. Leon.

So with the decals maybe being touched up would it still be worth going after or is there to many what if’s after that. I definetly see it on the Swastika. And I know a bunch of people do not like putting price tags on here and I hope it’s not rude to ask but what Is a good price range to stick to on these Double decal helmets.

Given that the decals have been touched up, I'd expect a slightly lower price than is typical of double decal lids. If the seller isn't aware of this, it could make a good bargaining chip.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

A very nice looking lid. The touch up of the decal is definitely something to question and confirm and if so adjust the price. But at the right price it would not deter me from having it on a shelf

We normally do not discuss valuations but what is it going for. Don't want you to get burned.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is 1300 USD

This is a nice helmet - i think the adler has been touched up - at least in the swastika.
    But i would display nat. shield forward anyway.

I think the price is OK, but they can range wildly as you have discovered.
    Mine was £675 but not as nice condition as this.
    And that was 1.5yrs ago. These prices always going up...
    nick

MAP
    ?

This question is for the experts.

Has anyone noticed the round "blotches" of paint in the photo with the national shield? (2nd photo)

Any thoughts on that?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast