Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Luftwaffe DD from Greece

Article about: Please i would like your opinion, mainly for the decals. The Luft helmet is a SE64 with 1939 dated liner. Also, at some points i can see under the luft color a green one (photos 3-6). Is tha

Default M35 Luftwaffe DD from Greece

Please i would like your opinion, mainly for the decals. The Luft helmet is a SE64 with 1939 dated liner.
    Also, at some points i can see under the luft color a green one (photos 3-6). Is that a reissue?
    Thanks in advance, Aghs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Luftwaffe DD from Greece   M35 Luftwaffe DD from Greece  

M35 Luftwaffe DD from Greece   M35 Luftwaffe DD from Greece  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe DD from Greece
    P
    Many

Looks like someone used a steel brush on it!

in hand you can not see scratches, but in a sunny photo with high resolution you see them.
    Anyway that doesn't bother me, i ask more for the decals and the helmet color.
    Aghs

Looks like the liner has been out at some stage as the split pins don't look right? The colour looks ok, but I agree it has been scrubbed hard by someone.

Looks like someone scrubbed a paint off maybe that is the green the topic poster is referring to.
    It is an original helmet but condition is poor.

Bit of a curious one. Could have possibly started life as a DD Apple Green Heer given the traces of original paint underneath which appears to be a shade of Apple Green.

I think the green paint is over the luft blue - the blue is inside the helmet as well so if it were originally green then it would have to be a full re-issue. Not sure they would then place 2 decals on to the helmet.
    The scratches would bother me - but if you are happy with it that is all that matters.
    Nick

thank you for your comment, no doubt the scratches are a problem and a reason that propably I won't buy it, although a DD helmet is something I do not see everyday here in Greece. Asking price is 300 euro ($330).
    Aghs

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I think the green paint is over the luft blue - the blue is inside the helmet as well so if it were originally green then it would have to be a full re-issue. Not sure they would then place 2 decals on to the helmet.
    The scratches would bother me - but if you are happy with it that is all that matters.
    Nick
    I enlarged the photos a bit more and am still getting the impression of green paint under the blue near the rim and inside the dome. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be able to post pics from my mobile. It’s hard as the images become grainy so probably an in hand would be more definitive. However, I am not sure if Heer lids were ever re-purposed for other branches? Does anyone know?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    I enlarged the photos a bit more and am still getting the impression of green paint under the blue near the rim and inside the dome. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to be able to post pics from my mobile. It’s hard as the images become grainy so probably an in hand would be more definitive. However, I am not sure if Heer lids were ever re-purposed for other branches? Does anyone know?
    Andy - i think you are right, i was too hasty to assume the green was over the blue. On closer examination it definitely looks like it is underneath. This would suggest an early re-issue - with the liner out and a complete re-spray and x2 decals applied. Possibly the same reinforced liner was used?

I checked in Ken N's book and there are two examples of re-issues with x2 decals applied - one is Heer and one is Luftwaffe.

Interested what other people think on this.

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast