Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?

Article about: Another helmet I just had to look further at for review. I think it has potential but I am a novice. I mainly do lufty caps but this one stuck out to me as a good possibly original piece. Wo

Default M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?

Another helmet I just had to look further at for review. I think it has potential but I am a novice. I mainly do lufty caps but this one stuck out to me as a good possibly original piece. Would love some thoughts! Thank you all.

M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Luftwaffe DD Helmet Help!?
    P
    Many

Looks to be repainted with repro decals added, wartime liner. Would pass on this one.

Looking it over again...this looks to be another "leather swap" into a steel framed liner. The way the fingers of the liner are creased & wrinkled...gaps here & there. Does not seem to be natural "seating" or shape of the leather. Just an observation
    D.

Hi Real Steel, Thank you for your thoughts, I agree now after seeing your comment in writing. I think your right to pass on it!

I am still new to helmets and appreciate your ideas. It does have an unusual think "gloss" over it that doesn't seem to be very deep and only appears to be light surface stuff. Thank you sir!

Hi, i think David has nailed it once again, the National shield really stands out as a modern fake, no sign of the "edging" i would expect to see on an original. That then nails the Adler too for me. Leon.

nothing more to be said , junk.