Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M35 Normandy Camo

Article about: Decided on getting this M35 Camo as I’ve been waiting for a Normandy like camo although this one is mostly gone there’s still enough there for me to like it. I’ll be getting better pho

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Normandy Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Normandy Camo
    P
    Many

I also had a quick question on this m35 helmet the seller said he can not see any makers mark I’ve read up on makers marks and the only week stamping I know of are on M40’s and M42’s

Hey guys just wanted to update the thread I actually ended up passing on the helmet last second the missing manufacturer stamp was just to strange for me.

Your decision, but it would have not be a problem in my Opinion, maybe the paint was just to thick inside, or the seller just did not see it.
    I have had many occasions where sellers said the could not see the makers mark, but was right there. The shell is definitly original, and faint stamps can also happen on M35´s.

Interesting, that that made you pass on it.
    I know EF usually had rather weak stampings, not just on M40-42s but also on M35s and even the marking on my very early M35 Q66 isn't very clear, it's also very light.
    But I'm sure you'll find a similarly nice one soon enough
    And I've also had it often enough that the seller of a certain item was just so much of a mole that he couldn't make out a rather clear marking.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Normandy Camo  

I did not know that thank you for educating me on the stampings Adravor and PotatoeDigger I’m not experienced with M35’s at all I have only owned one and I thought M35’s where the peak of quality for helmets so I didn’t expect to not see even the slightest trace of any stamp.

Personally, i would think the M40 is the peek of quality. M35s (especially their liners) had their faults, as they where the first generation, M40´s had these Issues taken care of, while being produced when Germany was still winning the War and did not yet have big resource problems (with the Exception of Quist M40´s).

?

I am certainly no expert in this field, but to me, the green paint tone used to cover the adler, does not appear to have been used anywhere else on the helmet.
    I wonder if, perhaps, both decals were left visible in service, and the offensive insignia was only covered in the postwar years.
    If a German veteran kept or acquired the helmet as a souvenir, then such insignia would have to be masked or obliterated for legal reasons.
    Similarly, if the helmet was an allied veteran’s souvenir, perhaps his wife or family was none too keen to have such a thing in the house..

Just a thought.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    I am certainly no expert in this field, but to me, the green paint tone used to cover the adler, does not appear to have been used anywhere else on the helmet.
    I wonder if, perhaps, both decals were left visible in service, and the offensive insignia was only covered in the postwar years.
    If a German veteran kept or acquired the helmet as a souvenir, then such insignia would have to be masked or obliterated for legal reasons.
    Similarly, if the helmet was an allied veteran’s souvenir, perhaps his wife or family was none too keen to have such a thing in the house..

Just a thought.
    I initially had the same thought (i.e. two different camo applications at different times).

But as I looked closer, to my eyes at least, I can see what looks like a small patch of the same green paint used below the Tri-Color decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3