Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 reissued.

Article about: Hi everyone I found this Helmet and was wondering if you can tell what caused the damage to the liner?sellers stating it's a KIA Helmet but no damage to the shell?could be fire damage?how do

Default M35 reissued.

Hi everyone I found this Helmet and was wondering if you can tell what caused the damage to the liner?sellers stating it's a KIA Helmet but no damage to the shell?could be fire damage?how do you know the difference?just me learning and like to ask these type of questions.thanks in advance as always.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 reissued.   M35 reissued.  

M35 reissued.   M35 reissued.  

M35 reissued.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 reissued.
    P
    Many

Impossible to say but sellers like to make damage more interesting by saying it is KIA. Sounds better than the liner was eaten by mice.

Thank you Frank yes totally agree it makes the Helmet sound more inviting to purchase.forgot to also ask the aluminium Liner band looks quite miss shaped is that something encountered with the early non reinforced types?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thank you Frank yes totally agree it makes the Helmet sound more inviting to purchase.forgot to also ask the aluminium Liner band looks quite miss shaped is that something encountered with the early non reinforced types?
    Yes I see nothing wrong with the band. It has a normal look.

So overall does the Helmet seem ok to you Frank?no obvious/other concerns.

Correct , looks like a good reissue to me. Can’t say much about the decal though , no close up.

The only image the seller gave me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 reissued.  

This is a nice helmet Jake! And as Frank stated a good re-issue. I like the re-issue paint on the liner band and buckles! May even have had a white wash applied at one stage. The decal image is still blurry even when enlarged to say either way however I would see no reason to think this was a post war application from the photos. Looks like the decal is over the re-issue paint (hard to be 100% certain here) which is rough and textured and has caused it to flake along with natural wear. Sometimes this wear leaves only an outline (see below) similar to this one.

Overall it’s a pretty cool helmet with some history to it.

Andy
    M35 reissued.
    Last edited by AndyM35; 12-07-2021 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Typo...as usual.

Liner looks almost to be dry rot.

Think your correct Andy,the seller is asking a lot maybe i'll speak to him and see what he says.thanks bud for your thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast