Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 reissued.

Article about: Hi everyone I found this Helmet and was wondering if you can tell what caused the damage to the liner?sellers stating it's a KIA Helmet but no damage to the shell?could be fire damage?how do

The damage to the liner looks to be what I've be told is "blood rot." For whatever reason what appears to be blood on liners usually causes them to rot...thus "blood rot" as a term. How true this is, I don't know, but most every liner I have seen with what is thought to be blood has this... Best ABN

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 reissued.
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Impossible to say but sellers like to make damage more interesting by saying it is KIA. Sounds better than the liner was eaten by mice.
    Yep. Any dark stain... Collectors: "It's blood! It must be blood!"
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Nice example Jake. My only advice (beyond the fact that I'm tired of hearing "blood rot" applied to every liner with damage ) is that unless it is cheap, to wait for a helmet with a decent liner. It will display fine as is though.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I keep wondering why that term is constantly being used when's there's no actual damage to the shell whatsoever?any how it was around the $650 mark and listing has now finished.but thanx everyone for your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2