Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M38 Luftshutz Gladiator

Article about: Hey everyone. Hope you're all well, I dont post too often & more so a bit of a lurker I suppose, but I do enjoy this forum & researching when it comes to helmets. I've got 4 M34's no

?

Default M38 Luftshutz Gladiator

Hey everyone. Hope you're all well, I dont post too often & more so a bit of a lurker I suppose, but I do enjoy this forum & researching when it comes to helmets. I've got 4 M34's now, and I've just recently picked up this M38 Luftshutz. I'm confident all is good & I thought I would share with you guys. Being my first Luftshutz I was quite keen to get it, I love the deep blue colour and the shape is quite interesting, the variants of these in terms of liners & chinstraps etc is interesting aswell.

I know the Luftshutz aren't massively collectible, at this point anyway. But here in Australia getting a good helmet is great regardless! Plus I fancy myself a bit of a civil helmet collector at this current time!

Plus, does anyone actually have a translation / meaning of the sticker on the rear of the helmet? I am intrigued.

Thankyou for taking the time to view.

Ben.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 Luftshutz Gladiator   M38 Luftshutz Gladiator  

M38 Luftshutz Gladiator   M38 Luftshutz Gladiator  

M38 Luftshutz Gladiator   M38 Luftshutz Gladiator  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Luftshutz Gladiator
    P
    Many

Great example, that is the condition you must have them.
    For text just run it through an online translator.
    I can read headsize 56 , and the price in RM , Reichsmarke.

Nice to find one with the decal so intact.

Very nice

Excellent! I like the color as well. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

A great example

The rest of the translation is close to "Sales approval in accordance with the Air Protection Act" or "Sales permit in accordance with Air Protection Law"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Exact Translation is: Sale according to paragraph 8, Air Raid Defense Act. Headwith 56. 8 Reichsmark maximum sales Price.

?

Thank you all for your comments, I am glad to see this good feedback! The sticker translation is quite fascinating, to know the history behind it.

If anyone was wondering what the 8. Paragraph acutally say, it says this:

Anyone who sells equipment or means for air defense or gives instructions on questions of air defense, gives lectures, publishes or otherwise distributes pamphlets, shows pictures or films in public or organizes air defense exhibitions requires the approval of the Reich Minister of Aviation or the offices designated by him.