Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40/42 Helmet how much worth?

Article about: Greetings, i thinking about sell that helmet but i dont know how much can that be worth, it has single decal, camo wire and some paint residue, every help will be appreciated

Default M40/42 Helmet how much worth?

Greetings, i thinking about sell that helmet but i dont know how much can that be worth, it has single decal, camo wire and some paint residue, every help will be appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40/42 Helmet how much worth?
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a nice relic M42,
    but the wire appears 70+ years younger than the helmet.
    I know this forum avoids being used to give pricing advice.
    Best of luck selling your helmet.

The helmet is in very poor condition, and the wire is an obviously add-on fake. Judging on the condition of the helmet, the decal is suspect as well. I will be very general here, but you could take that money you would use to buy this helmet, save it, and in a couple of months you can get a much nicer helmet just because you were patient.

I was fortunate enough to wait and hold onto my money. Because of that, I have items in my collection that I am proud to have, and proud to show off.

MAP
    ?

Believe it or not but probably the best bet would actually be to look at eBay of all places. Relics like this are (unfortunately...but that is a different story) quite plentiful. It should give you a going rate for them.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...elmet&_sacat=0
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just to add to what MAP has already said regarding eBay, you can also run a search on eBay, that will indicate the sold price of previous auctions. This will give you a more realistic price guide compared to looking at the for sale

Good luck with it!
    Andy