Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Beaded Police ? Helmet - battle liner?

Article about: Hi I’ve recently acquired this beaded m40 helmet - paid £86 for it Not sure if Police or Air raid - no decals that can be seen or look like there was once. Top of helmet has what looks to

Default M40 Beaded Police ? Helmet - battle liner?

Hi
    I’ve recently acquired this beaded Luftschutz police ?m40 helmet - paid £86 for it
    Not sure if Police or Air raid - no decals that can be seen or look like there was once.
    Top of helmet has what looks to be some kind of strike to it where you can see inside the dent , also the liner rim is metal - I’ve been told metal for army , thick cardboard style rim for civil - not sure if correct , but if it is then this has had a combat liner put in???
    Ok so I’m thinking to restore it back to its former glory or make into a police or battle helmet -
    What would you do and what would be the correct colour to re spray it ?
    I’ve got some police decals (repro) somewhere to add to it or should I put heer if battle (late war) ?
    Over all not a bad helmet , has Q 66 stamped with in but NO other numbers which is strange or unless hidden by paint or rust Etc - I can’t see anything though either under the Q 66 or at back where you would expect to see
    Any help, recommendations welcomed
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Beaded Police ? Helmet - battle liner?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Beaded Police ? Helmet - battle liner?
    P
    Many

It is period correct as is. These often did not have decals and it is impossible to determine what this one was but if it were mine I would leave it in its present original condition. Just my 2 cents. Jim G.

Found this video which gives some great info and restoration
    Although I’m now thinking to keep as it is in original state worth the £86 spent? I think so
    Restoring a German WW2 Beaded Helmet - WHAT is a Beaded Helmet?! HOW to tell the model Differences?! - YouTube

The price was more than fair. You did well. You have a piece of history. If you "restore" it you lose that piece of history. It displays well. Again, I would leave it as is. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The price was more than fair. You did well. You have a piece of history. If you "restore" it you lose that piece of history. It displays well. Again, I would leave it as is. Jim G.
    Agreed the mote I think about it , I think the best I can do is find an original worn liner to go in and leave as that
    Thanks for the advice

The liner remnants that are there are original to the helmet. The helmet is untouched. I would leave it untouched.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The liner remnants that are there are original to the helmet. The helmet is untouched. I would leave it untouched.
    100 % agree.