Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Camo Net

Article about: Hey guys! So I came across this M40 EF64 re-paint with camo netting it’s from a reputable dealer but I know it’s always good to get opinions before doing anything I love camo net Helmets

Default M40 Camo Net

Hey guys! So I came across this M40 EF64 re-paint with camo netting it’s from a reputable dealer but I know it’s always good to get opinions before doing anything I love camo net Helmets but know they are highly faked so I’m here asking for help please. The only thing I do not understand is why the liner is in such bad shape but the netting is not. Thank you for the help!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Camo Net   M40 Camo Net  

M40 Camo Net   M40 Camo Net  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Camo Net
    P
    Many

The rope netting just looks far too clean to be 75 years old. Even on the rim contact points barely a spot of dirt. How likely is that? And as you point out, just doesn't match the liner.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    The rope netting just looks far too clean to be 75 years old. Even on the rim contact points barely a spot of dirt. How likely is that? And as you point out, just doesn't match the liner.
    Spot on - i would not pay a penny extra for that net.
    I do not believe that it is original to the helmet - more likely original to the hardware store just last month.

nick

I would only buy a netted helmet in hand , you must be able to see how the net is tucked between the shell and the band and how the whole aged together. 99,9999% of helmet net combo's for sale are post war. This one ? No age whatsoever.

Thank you guys very much! I was afraid the camo netting was fake lol but nothing lost so thank you all!!!

Wow Giants you must have an amazing collection of helmets now after all the great lids you purchased over the last year or so.

Would love to see a photo of them all lined up. How about it?

Hey Andy! Sadly no actually lol I sold my whole helmet collection a big regret I have!!!! so I’m starting all over!!

MAP
    ?

Not one for me. Too risky.

Here is an example where everything matches up.

M40 Camo NetM40 Camo Net
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The aging of the camo net on the picture you provided map looks equally aged as the helmet great example thank you!

?

Glad to see you back, Giants.

I agree with the above statements, the rope looks far too clean to have been on that helmet for 75+ years.

Alex