Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

m40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repained

Article about: a recent acquisition. I want it to be a camouflaged helmet but I think it's just the patina. thoughts? liner and chinstrap seem to be original to the helmet... The chin strap has been maker

Default m40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repained

a recent acquisition. I want it to be a camouflaged helmet but I think it's just the patina. thoughts? liner and chinstrap seem to be original to the helmet... The chin strap has been maker stamped (which i can't decipher). m40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repainedm40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repainedm40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repainedm40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repainedm40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repainedm40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repainedm40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repainedm40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repainedm40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repained

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m40 DD Polizei SE64 Camouflaged?! repained
    P
    Many

Looks like a camo to me! Jim G.

M38
    ?

I see camo colors in the paint. The leather in the liner is rotated pretty far, need to check if it has been removed at some point. Otherwise a pretty nice example from what I see here.

Cheers,
    Terry

Looks like a camo to me! Jim G.

Sorry, I don't know how this got re posted and I don't know how to remove it. Jim G.

I does appear to be a subtle camo. Very nice helmet!

MAP
    ?

I would have expected them to paint over at least the party shield decal.

I agree with Terry that the liner might have been taken out or replaced.

I would want to see this one in hand
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sure seems like a paint line over the National Shield at top and lower right. But you'd have to wonder why the decals were not completely over painted if camouflage was a high priority. By 1944 that idea was tops.