Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M40 DD problem identifying maker mark

Article about: I have seen this helmet for sale, but am having difficulty reading the maker stamp. I was hoping for an ET but it doesn't look like any wartime manufacturer stamp. The adler looks like a Hee

?

Default M40 DD problem identifying maker mark

I have seen this helmet for sale, but am having difficulty reading the maker stamp. I was hoping for an ET but it doesn't look like any wartime manufacturer stamp. The adler looks like a Heer darkened with (I assume) varnish, covering the whole lid, rather than a Kriegsmarine one. The national shield I think looks good, BUT does the liner look rather too Norskie? The rivets look loose too. I have requested better pics of the decals and liner. Any help appreciated, as always - the last M40 I posted went AWOL!
    M40 DD problem identifying maker markM40 DD problem identifying maker markM40 DD problem identifying maker markM40 DD problem identifying maker markM40 DD problem identifying maker markM40 DD problem identifying maker markM40 DD problem identifying maker mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 DD problem identifying maker mark
    P
    Many

Hi Al, looks like a modern paint job and decals to me, and as you say, a Norwegian dyed liner. I must admit I have not seen that makers stamp either, so I would pass on it. Leon.

The shell is an E.F. M40 but it has a reinforced aluminum banded liner with Norwegian dyed leather. The exterior paint is clearly post War so the decals are bad. My thoughts are that you should avoid this one. Jim G.

Cheap attempt , not even the hidden decal photos can hide it.

Repainted EF M40. As said...dyed Norway liner

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The shell is an E.F. M40 but it has a reinforced aluminum banded liner with Norwegian dyed leather. The exterior paint is clearly post War so the decals are bad. My thoughts are that you should avoid this one. Jim G.
    My eye's are playing tricks on me, on my PC it looks like the stamp is EM!! Only when I really stare does the "F" appear! I need to drink more beer and sort my eye sight out. Leon.

?

Many thanks for the help with this. I saw EM too!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    My eye's are playing tricks on me, on my PC it looks like the stamp is EM!! Only when I really stare does the "F" appear! I need to drink more beer and sort my eye sight out. Leon.
    You traditionally have made wise buying decisions when you have a few beers....LoL

BTW...it looked like an EM to me too! LOL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

....perhaps the guy doing the stamping that day had had several beers the night before!