Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

Article about: hello all....one more post today and I have to admit, I am a bit nervous....as stated earlier I took the plunge and bought my first legit helmet which may or may not end up on my next manneq

Default M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

hello all....one more post today and I have to admit, I am a bit nervous....as stated earlier I took the plunge and bought my first legit helmet which may or may not end up on my next mannequin since I have quite a bit of field gear....

I am more of a medal and paper guy but hey.... who doesn't want a helmet... I aimed low for the first one, nothing glamourous, no visible decal but to looked good to me and the price was right...hoping to avoid any pitfalls on my first purchase, i bought from a reputable dealer.....

in hand, I have to say I am quite happy...unfortunately there is no chin strap but the interior is in good condition and named

so here are some pics in indirect and direct light (it finally stopped raining)....hopefully i have done everything correctly and the photos are adequate....

I would like to hear the thoughts from the helmet gurus on condition, general look....and I have seen from Schwerpunkts site that 98% of reissues were m35's....so, is it a reissue from factory or from field depot or something else ?

thanks in advance for your input and critique....

as described by seller....M40 reissue with brush applied field grey overpaint, heer eagle peeking thru, steel liner, rivets tight....EF62 lot 1356

the inside is kind of an OD green and does not have the over paint.....

aside from the reissue question, just wondering the approximate time frame of use for this helmet....thanks in advance to all !

front
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

left side
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

back
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

right side
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

inside
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

bale
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

split pin
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

lot
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

EF62
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

Heer Eagle ?
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

trying to capture texture and color via paint chips
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

full sun
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

thanks for looking....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 EF62 ND reissue ?
    P
    Many

I like it and nice to see an M40 reissue. Time frame is impossible to determine , anytime after it left the factory. A depot or field reissue in my opinion.

thanks Schwerpunkt....throw it in your database !....regards, David
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

A very nice example David! Agree with Frank re: being reissued in the field. And looks like it may have had a white wash applied at some point.

Andy

Very nice helmet, good first helmet! I love named helmets, definitly possible you can find out more about the owner with that.

MAP
    ?

The seller described it well.

From the photos, it looks like it is possible it had a white wash? Or maybe just the lighting and my eyes are seeing something that isn't there.

The name is the liner is really nice. Maybe a better photo of it?

Edit: Didn't see that Andy mentioned the WW too.
    Last edited by MAP; 01-09-2022 at 05:31 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks to all for the positive comments....have to say I am pleased and ready for the next one !... there is something to be said about having it "in hand"...knowing the feel of it I may be better prepared if happen to stumble upon one in my travels....

here's a pic of the signature.... seller described as "Heinz Streicher 2te Komp".....unfortunately, no unit noted....I'm good with the Heinz part, last name is in question in my mind
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

interesting about the comments about the white also...there is a small section near the front where there is a whitish hue and it it feels chalky as well....hard to capture in a picture
    M40 EF62 ND reissue ?

which leads me to another question....do you do anything to a helmet like this in regards to preservation, cleaning etc ?....my guess is, leave it be but what is acceptable ?

thanks !
    Last edited by KatManDude; 01-11-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Quote by KatManDude View Post

which leads me to another question....do you do anything to a helmet like this in regards to presevation, cleaning etc ?....my guess is, leave it be but what is acceptable ?

thanks !
    Good that you ask , German helmets are easy. They do not need care for the simple reason that oils and leather treatments don't work and many helmets and liners have already been ruined in the past , the best thing is to keep it in a stable environment that's at normal house temperature.

TWS
    ?

Looks like a solid purchase. I also noticed traces that seem to indicate former whitewash.
    Congrats on your first helmet.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Leave is be. Don't do anything to it

I can't read the last name but it doesn't look like Stretcher to me. Still, a very cool example
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast