Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Heer and M40 Luftwaffe

Article about: Hello Forum, I´m posting these together, as i bought them together and they are both finds from Norway. I saw them being sold together at a great price so i just couldnt say no. Pictures ar

Default M40 Heer and M40 Luftwaffe

Hello Forum,

I´m posting these together, as i bought them together and they are both finds from Norway. I saw them being sold together at a great price so i just couldnt say no.

Pictures are the Sellers pics, as its still on its way directly from Norway!

One is an EX SD Heer M40, made by ET in size 64, with the Lotn. 737. According to the seller it sat in a barn with one of its sides exposed, thats why the inside is great, the front is decent, but the back is very salty, but in general it is a nice looking helmet. Liner probably had a name on it which was later cut out. The helmet was found in the Region of Trøndelag.

The other on is an Quist 64 with overpainted Lotn. I think that one is the star of the two. It seems to be named in the rear skirt, but i cant make the name/rank out, it could be "Kan." for Kannonier? I will look more into it once it arrives. It has the Original Chinstrap and Liner, bot looking beautiful aged.
    The outside has quiet a bit of rust, but it looks to me that it has a dark blue Luftwaffe layer, that was later overpainted in a thick black color, so possibly a FLAK helmet? Interesting is also a Red N painted on the Area where normally the Decal would be. It does look like it could be period to me, but i have no idea what it could stand for. Someone may have dug for a National shield long ago, but obviously withouth any results. The helmet was found in the City of Rjukan.

Hope you like them!

M40 Heer and M40 LuftwaffeM40 Heer and M40 Luftwaffe
    M40 Heer and M40 Luftwaffe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer and M40 Luftwaffe
    P