Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 Heer SD. NS 64, named.

Article about: The other helmet that arrived today is this M40 NS 64 with "Lt. Capelle" painted in the skirt. Silly Leutnant painted right over the lot number, but I believe it's D102. The helmet

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Nice helmet Todd. As far as the name...Not only Germans fought for Germany !!
    Heck, I was prepared to fight for Germany! Me and my tank platoon when I was a young Lieutenant stationed there. We had to be ready to repel a Warsaw Pact invasion.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer SD. NS 64, named.
    P
    Many

"Gruppenfuhrer" Todd !! Has a nice sound to it

Quote by TWS View Post
    Silly Leutnant painted right over the lot number, but I believe it's D102

Hello,
    As i'm not a helmet collector, i mainly use them to finalize my "german soldiers" and will always privilege the human side than the simple collecting/producing data, that's why i wish that all the lot numbers on my helmets were covered with ranks and names, but that's just me i guess...nice Stahlhelm thanks for showing...Capelle, this Leutnant had french ancestors...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    "Gruppenfuhrer" Todd !! Has a nice sound to it
    haha! Don't tell my wife, she already thinks I have an authoritarian streak.
    Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    As i'm not a helmet collector, i mainly use them to finalize my "german soldiers" and will always privilege the human side than the simple collecting/producing data, that's why i wish that all the lot numbers on my helmets were covered with ranks and names, but that's just me i guess...nice Stahlhelm thanks for showing...Capelle, this Leutnant had french ancestors...
    Thanks
    I wrote the comment very tongue in cheek. I'm fond of saying "yeah, the German soldiers did this or that to mess with collectors 75 years in the future... not!" They did what ever they wanted or needed to do and their thoughts were seldom further than surviving the next battle or missing their families back home. The idea that some collector post-war would scrutinize every little detail of their equipment surely never entered their consciousness.
    On GHW a member pointed out the possible French ancestry as well, and I agree that's a strong possibility too.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Incidentally there are 25 Capelle's listed in the Volksbund database, none fit with this lid thankfully so hopefully he got through unscathed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2