Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 helmet identification

Article about: Hi all! Some time ago I acquired a steel helmet, postwar repainted. After the war it was sandblasted and repainted yellow by the Norwegians for use in "Industrivernet", and later h

Question M40 helmet identification

Hi all! Some time ago I acquired a steel helmet, postwar repainted. After the war it was sandblasted and repainted yellow by the Norwegians for use in "Industrivernet", and later horribly repainted by someone with green paint, which someone has also been attempting to remove... The liner metal seems to be original, but not the leather. Maybe the chinstrap? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is an m40 helmet.
    Out of interest, I would like to know, what color was this helmet originally and what decals did it have? Is this possible to find out?
    (And if anyone has any ideas, should I finish removing the green paint that someone started to do, and how can I do this?)
    The markings seem to be the following: 142 and (E)T66. See the pictures attached. Thanks!
    Link to photos because I am having trouble uploading them here: M40 - Google Photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet identification
    P
    Many

Last edited by rbminis; 01-20-2022 at 06:53 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ralph.

TimTopTimTim: you can start a new thread once you figure out the upload process. If you are still having issues, you can pose a question in the Tech section

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...ns-how-advice/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)