Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 helmet question. It seems Dubious.

Article about: Hey guys sorry for posting so many threads. I dug out another one. I call this my Dubious M40. A coworker bought the shell at a flea market and bought a liner for it. He never did anything w

MAP
    ?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    I just walked walked in the door and it was in my holster on my hip. My couch is right there. hit the mag release and my hand missed the mag. My Taurus has a flared mag well base extension, it's a bit different from my normal carry. My ww1 and my 1911A1 don't clear the magwell fast at all, they just sort of slide out and I mostly carry the A1. I missed the mag, it happens. I don't know who tossed the helmet on the couch, I assume my friend who lives with me.
    It happens. My HK USP mag flies out of the mag well too. Especially when full. Almost lost one in the tall grass on my range. And agree, my 1911 drops halfway then stops
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet question. It seems Dubious.
    P
    Many

or a nice M40 non decal with the metal band and just the felt ring I might use the liner on.

Never remove the Original Linerband! You will rebend the Spilt pints and thus reduce its value and destroy its 100% Originality, i recommend keeping that one as it is!

Would be interested in seeing that one too, as well as how much "real" helmet is under that shell of yours!

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Hey Simon - well at least you did not pay big money for this, so no great loss.
    I know, it was the right price of free. I never asked tom what he paid for it. I never will.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    or a nice M40 non decal with the metal band and just the felt ring I might use the liner on.

Never remove the Original Linerband! You will rebend the Spilt pints and thus reduce its value and destroy its 100% Originality, i recommend keeping that one as it is!

Would be interested in seeing that one too, as well as how much "real" helmet is under that shell of yours!
    the only reason I thought about taking the liner band out of the shell is because the 2 pins left holding in have been pried on or look that way making the band loose. I'll probably just leave it alone as you say. I'll get it out and post pictures of it soon. I'm looking for my trunk that has my relics in it. I have several with decals left on it and on M35 DD I'd like to share.

I'll post pictures of what I find under that coating. I'll do it on the inside skirt. It's a shame someone didn't leave it like it was. Would have made for a great conversation piece.
    Last edited by SimonSorenKam; 10-30-2020 at 01:45 AM.

Quote by MAP View Post
    It happens. My HK USP mag flies out of the mag well too. Especially when full. Almost lost one in the tall grass on my range. And agree, my 1911 drops halfway then stops

I love USP's. Yeah My Taurus PT-11 mags fly out the well. And just like yours my 1911 mags stop half way even loaded they don't clear.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I was always taught to clear a weapon before entering the premises.
    If a gun isn't in the safe in my house, it's loaded and chambered. I don't unload my home defense pistols, my carry guns or shotgun, ever. Only reason this one was getting unloaded was I had half a day off work and my Wilson Combat compensator came in for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2