Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Luftwaffe helmet paint

Article about: Hi Guys I'm interested in this helmet. M40 shell. Markings = The inside rear of the helmet is stamped “1145” and the inside left is stamped “C66”. I am concerned about the tan paint.

?

Default M40 Luftwaffe helmet camo paint

Hi Guys

I'm interested in this helmet.
    M40 shell.
    Markings = The inside rear of the helmet is stamped “1145” and the inside left is stamped “C66”.
    I am concerned about the tan paint.
    I've been told some camo was sprayed on. This loos like a spray job.
    Is the Eagle legit?
    How does the paint job look?
    Could it be post war paint or legit?

An help would be mc appreciated.

Cheers

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe  helmet paint   M40 Luftwaffe  helmet paint  

M40 Luftwaffe  helmet paint   M40 Luftwaffe  helmet paint  

M40 Luftwaffe  helmet paint  
    Last edited by Danger; 05-12-2023 at 02:21 PM.
    It's one thing to look at it with your mouth open, but it's better to shoot it gritting your teeth!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe  helmet paint
    P
    Many

The decal is fake so.... Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The decal is fake so.... Jim G.
    yep and the chinstrap...

?

Thanks guys
    It's one thing to look at it with your mouth open, but it's better to shoot it gritting your teeth!

MAP
    ?

Paint also looks awfully fresh too.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Jim and Frank, as my eyes are not so experienced in evaluating and comparing decals, I wonder if I am right if I say that you can locate the errors in the fake luftwaffe decal in these positions ? This is a picture of a authentic decal of a Quist M40 a in the book 'the helmet decals of the third reich'
    Or am I hallucinating ? It's like the game 'seek the differences' when you have two pictures or drawings, but here details are often more subtile.
    I guess the stamp in the helmet posted by Danger is a Quist...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe  helmet paint  

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Jim and Frank, as my eyes are not so experienced in evaluating and comparing decals, I wonder if I am right if I say that you can locate the errors in the fake luftwaffe decal in these positions ? This is a picture of a authentic decal of a Quist M40 a in the book 'the helmet decals of the third reich'
    Or am I hallucinating ? It's like the game 'seek the differences' when you have two pictures or drawings, but here details are often more subtile.
    I guess the stamp in the helmet posted by Danger is a Quist...
    Hello Erwin , no , it is the eyebrow + the claw holding the swastika (the middle line in the claw) that are the areas to look at.
    Other things are wrong but these stand out most.

Thanks Frank ! Yes, these differences are really subtile. Once again, surprised what an experienced eye can see....