Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Q62 Named Camo SD Heer Juttner Decal

Article about: Here is a locally sourced Q62 Lot # DN 148. single decal Heer Camo. A real "one-look" camo. Liner is dry with some torn tongues. Zinc liner band is dated 1940, Schuberth Werk 62/55

MAP
    ?

Default M40 Q62 Named Camo SD Heer Juttner Decal

Here is a locally sourced Q62 Lot # DN 148. single decal Heer Camo. A real "one-look" camo.

Liner is dry with some torn tongues. Zinc liner band is dated 1940, Schuberth Werk 62/55n.A.

No doubt this is a hard combat used lid. Post war storage didn't help much either as the exterior shell has minor surface rust. Oddly there are some stacking rings as well.

So she's no beauty queen but she has some nice qualities that I like very much.

First is a very unique camo pattern. Don't know what to call it, but for lack of a better word, it is like a reverse turtle pattern. Besides the tan, in certain light I think I can make out the remnants of green as well.

Second, it is named

Finally, it has a very unique decal to shell combination that is sometimes seen on 1940-41 dated Q M40 helmets. The decal is an August Juttner ET style. The lot # is close to DN146 that also has the same style decal (based on an online database). This anomaly is also referenced in Ken N's Helmet Decal book.

Enjoy.

Michael

** click to enlarge photos **

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Q62 Named Camo SD Heer Juttner Decal
    P
    Many

Michael that is a sweet combat lid you found!!!!! I would love to add that one to my collection!!!
    Very nice, very nice.....
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Michael that is a sweet combat lid you found!!!!! I would love to add that one to my collection!!!
    Very nice, very nice.....
    Marty
    Thanks Marty. Got it from a good guy. I was on the fence as I only like helmets with good liners, but the camo pattern was real unique despite the wear. This helmet has a story to tell for sure which is what I love.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I call first dibs if you decide to sell...
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I call first dibs if you decide to sell...
    I have put that in my notes..

Despite the wear and liner, it has a lot going for it. A great name, the odd camo pattern and the unique (and rare?) helmet/decal combo.

That one has a lot of character! Congratulations!!

Mart

MAP
    ?

Quote by Martin C View Post
    That one has a lot of character! Congratulations!!

Mart
    Thanks Mart. I think that is an understatement

Nice looking helmet.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Nice looking helmet.
    Thanks Greg...nice to see you in this sub forum

?

You are one lucky guy Michael!An awesome find,congratulations!And i dont think the not so good liner should bother you at all,i mean come on the helmet combo is awesome!
    Regards,
    Emanuil.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast