Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 sand camo real or fake?

Article about: Hello everyone

Default M40 sand camo real or fake?

Hello everyone
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 sand camo real or fake?   M40 sand camo real or fake?  

M40 sand camo real or fake?   M40 sand camo real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 sand camo real or fake?
    P
    Many

I dont know where all my text went🤷🏼*â™‚ï¸ So again..

Hello everyone🙋🏼*♂ï¸,

Im thinking about buying this helmet but not before some more good opinions. Ik like the helmet and helmet and liner looks good. Camo i dont know. It looks like it has been brush painted cause there are some hairs visible in the inside of the helmet. Cant say if the camo paint is underneath the split pins but it looks like the liner was allready in when camo paint was applied because there is slightly camo paint visible on the liner too.

Would appreciate and like to hear other opinions before going further with this one. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Dan

I like it. Jim G.

M38
    ?

The camo paint looks real but it looks like the paint underneath is black and that is throwing me off??? Not a real drawstring but no big deal there.

Cheers,
    Terry

Yeah that looks black on my screen too ..... weird???
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I usually agree with my compatriots , but with these photos to go on and I do not like it.

Hmm ok so its questionanable. I tried to enlarge the original pictures. Looks like it does have some greenish shine in it. Could it be possible when applieing the cammo it have darkened the undelaying paint. Because of the tick camo that was applied and drying would take longer than with a thin layer of lack it could have soften the original paint first and darkened before drying out.

I dont’t nessecerely WANT it to be good cause i dont have it yet. Just for the record haha but it would be a shame if it could be original and goes in to life as not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 sand camo real or fake?   M40 sand camo real or fake?  

?

I like it.. the camouflage, that is.. but as the gentleman above say, definitely need better (daylight) images..

Terry, the dark underlying paint was what first caught my eye as well. The the paint in the interior photo of the dome appears to be a light blue/grey Luft colour at least to my eyes, so I am wondering if this lid may have originally been painted a dark flak black colour prior to reissue?

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Terry, the dark underlying paint was what first caught my eye as well. The the paint in the interior photo of the dome appears to be a light blue/grey Luft colour at least to my eyes, so I am wondering if this lid may have originally been painted a dark flak black colour prior to reissue?
    Was thinking the same.

Daylight photos are needed.

Still, unless better photos are forthcoming, as it is not being a one looker and not having a strong consensus, I don't think it is worth the risk.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)