Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M40 SD dark overpaint

Article about: Hey guys I have been looking at this helmet and I like the battle worn look to it and that dark overpaint looks very nice and loos like it was stored in poor conditions but as the seller poi

MAP
    ?

I like these rough overpaints. Nice purchase!

Was looking at this earlier today and didn't see any black paint either. When you get it in hand, take a photo of the areas you think you see this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40  SD dark overpaint
    P
    Many

Here are some more photos I tried to take some but they are not the best but it does seem black to me or maybe a grey turned dark with age???? And I was thinking that on re-issues wouldn’t they have covered up the rank that was written on the apron of the helmet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40  SD dark overpaint   M40  SD dark overpaint  

M40  SD dark overpaint   M40  SD dark overpaint  

M40  SD dark overpaint   M40  SD dark overpaint  

?

Strap is riveted and that looks somewhat black.

Looks to be a Gefrieter rank marked in the rear apron too! Still think it’s an overpaint that has simply darkened.
    M40  SD dark overpaint

Iam more than happy to settle on the idea it’s not a Czech re-issue lol, the chinstrap is also a Luftschutz chinstrap with staples put into it for whatever reason

MAP
    ?

My old eyes are still not seeing black paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yup, rather dark grey, the czech firepolice helmets i have seen where a deep night black, nothing like yours, and i guess they would also habe overpainted the name in the skirt.

With the dark, almost black paint and a Luftschutz chinstrap... maybe a Flak Helmet? Maybe defending some city at the end of the war, and thus easy acess to civil chinstraps, but thats just a theory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2