Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.

Article about: Hi guys another one i need your opinions and expertise on.many thanks Jake.

Default M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.

Hi guys another one i need your opinions and expertise on.many thanks Jake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.   M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.  

M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.   M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.  

M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.   M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 sd luftwaffe helmet for opinions please.
    P
    Many

A nice small one. I have a similar (Q64) in about the same condition. I like it. Looks good to me. Only thing what's off is the dark spot around the eagle. Do you know why this is?

Cheers Paul

Paul, the dark spot you see around the eagle is the original paint left over from when the eagle was painted around when the shell was overpainted. Looks like the helmet had a white wash applied at some stage too.

Looks like a nice untouched and heavily used example.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice worn war horse
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a nice, all original piece. It has character, one of the ones i would buy. Agree about the possible Ex - White wash.

Thanks everyone for your comments,this along with other thread i started both are coming out of the same online auction but this has bids the other no decal m40 doesn't.?the starting fee is low in comparison to website dealers based in Europe but will probably finish more inline with prices in the US however i do think there are better examples in that final cost range,so willl probably pass on this one but alway worth having you guys opinion many thanks as always,jake.