Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

M40 Strange Camo for opinions

Article about: Hello everybody I have a wonky camo for review I would like to know everybody’s opinions as I’m thinking of buying thanks everybody!

Default M40 Strange Camo for opinions

Hello everybody I have a wonky camo for review I would like to know everybody’s opinions as I’m thinking of buying thanks everybody!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Strange Camo for opinions   M40 Strange Camo for opinions  

M40 Strange Camo for opinions   M40 Strange Camo for opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Strange Camo for opinions
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

As noted, "wonky" camo's draw lots of mixed reviews. Personally, I say you judge the helmet and not the pattern. And camo's are like art. Some like classical and some like Picasso's or Salvador Dali's

I've looked quickly at this. In hand is always the best and the photos leave a bit to be desired but I'm leaning towards it being good. The chips / scratches in the camo appear to have nice honest age (not forced aging and then buffed out). It has the glare typical of this seller, but the "patina" seems real and again not forced.

Have not had time to look at the decal in detail but looks to be the "ET Style" sometimes seen on QM40's vs the "Big Foot".

I would love to hear what others say. Am I missing any red flags. I know it might be controversial.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP, I strongly agree with your remarks.

Interestingly a very similar camo came up on another well known forum recently and it had the same flowing accents like the ones in black on this particular lid.

Its' quite pretty to look at and it seems that there are more and more of these types of camos appearing of late.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    MAP, I strongly agree with your remarks.

Interestingly a very similar camo came up on another well known forum recently and it had the same flowing accents like the ones in black on this particular lid.

Its' quite pretty to look at and it seems that there are more and more of these types of camos appearing of late.
    Yes. Was aware of the other camo but don't remember the concensus opinion on GHW. I think it was positive. I couldn't find it to compare to.

Multiple "wonky" patterns appearing at the same time always gives me pause given the very high level of some fakes out there.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The one I was referring to was a thread full of examples of fake camos. It had blue splotches from memory and the same black swirls.

Here are some images of helmet that was mentioned on the another forum. Currently for sale at Ratisbons.

The flourish styled brush strokes remind me of the helmet that Giants posted:

Wonky it might be, but I like it!

That's an interesting one. I wouldn't doubt the pattern and colours as there are period photos showing something similar. Some of the over paint has gone over chips and scratches, but the helmet could have had earlier scratches before the camo painting. I rather like the overall patina and look of the helmet. The light green blotches suggests to me Oak leaves.

From what I see, the colours vibrant as they might be are all known shades of RAL green colours used in the TR period.

A very unusual camo - however, from period photos it can be seen that there were strange camo's such as this.
    But you need to be 100% before parting with your cash.

I saw the camo that Ratisbons had for sale - even more unusual.

As i would not be sure on either of these two, personally i would pass.

Nick

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast