Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 ef66 lot# 0511 kriegsmarine

Article about: Hi Guys I won 2 KMs at auction in Upstate NY a few weeks ago. Everyone was sleeping and I was able to sneak in unopposed. But Bummer Alert - another SE M35 KM (my wannabe trademark helm LOL)

?

a really nice piece of history. i love it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ef66 lot# 0511 kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Another stellar KM Z - nice addition.
    Nick
    Thanks Nick and Paul

Nick - looking through your collection now. Some really nice pieces. I only collect Helmets (u have a couple nice ones of those too mate ) but I always like seeing the other bits too. Great stuff my brother! Ill PM you w other questions. SA trip looks cool too.
    Z

This type of decal, H/J thin winged is accepted by collectors as a KM variant.....so be it. It's a nice looking helmet regardless.
    I think I have only seen one online in this maker with a ridge around the edge.
    I see what you mean about the chinstrap, I would definitely have the super/gorrila glue handy to repair, nothing worse than then a broken off chinstrap sitting forlornly next to it former helmet on a shelf. I would also try to source an original drawstring, but that's just my opinion.
    PS. I think there are many brothers reading this, no sisters...........Unless we are talking prison slang.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    A tip that MAP gave me is to get one of the little round dentist type mirrors with an extension so that you can peek under the liner without having to manipulate it too much. I know MAP found a very nice hand sewn name tag (I think on a Police led?) so worth a quick look.

Andy
    Close...but it was my KM. I got them both within weeks of each other during my DD M35 buying frenzy, so even I had to look back at my photos to remember LoL

Zach: Ya done well with this auction. Too bad about the SE. Was hoping it was a good one so you would unload this piece of trash on me at "cost" to cover the purchase of the SE LoL!!!!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Close...but it was my KM. I got them both within weeks of each other during my DD M35 buying frenzy, so even I had to look back at my photos to remember LoL

Zach: Ya done well with this auction. Too bad about the SE. Was hoping it was a good one so you would unload this piece of trash on me at "cost" to cover the purchase of the SE LoL!!!!!!
    I remember it was a KM. Has that name tag style that's found in alot of them KM helms and kit. Great find in there! Thats why I told Andy "thank you"....power of the forum ....I don't think to go poking around sometimes. This one had size markings inside confirming this helmet to be a 66 w a size 59 leather.

Only you would give your Helmets a Root Canal. Some people reenact as Civil War dudes...some Polish Army ... you ? A dentist in the Third Reich Era. All good ...we all have our "things" ....

"Hans Frick DDS, Licensed Army Dental Hygenist "..is your alter ego....Dun Dun Dun....(ominous music)

Yes one mans trash is another mans treasure LOL. You dont have much trash my friend. And this one turned out to be a real sleeper for me. Really like the look and addition to the collection. We'll see what happens and Ill keep you and DH in the loop

As for the SE ... it only exists in pics that I took for posterity... the Trio of SE M35s that never was....sigh.....(middle one was the one one I said ..."get the F outta here!" to)

.... reason the middle SE M35 pictured on this trio shot was sent back for those reading ...was that there were 0 washers inside that went along with the pins.... I deemed it to be messed with and not a warrtime fix

M42 ef66 lot# 0511 kriegsmarine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2