Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M42 from France

Article about: Hello, presentation of my second german helmet, a m42 found in a house near Paris. The shell is marked hkp 64. Cordially JC

Default M42 from France

Hello,
    presentation of my second german helmet, a m42 found in a house near Paris. The shell is marked hkp 64.

Cordially

JC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 from France
    P
    Many

That is one nice M42.

?

Very nice!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 from France  

Stored VERY well in that house in Paris I might add!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

All helmets come from a house somewhere when you think of it , if I buy one from a local collector friend it comes from a house in Belgium.
    Must be why it has a fake strap which in turn could make the interior suspicious.
    What is the lotnr ?

Hi, the buckle to the chinstrap does look rather shiney? That said, the rest of the helmet looks superb to me, a fine example of a no decal M42. Leon.

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Very nice!!!
    A bunch of SS guys hitch hiking on the Highway ??

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    All helmets come from a house somewhere when you think of it , if I buy one from a local collector friend it comes from a house in Belgium.
    Must be why it has a fake strap which in turn could make the interior suspicious.
    What is the lotnr ?
    I am only an amateur photographer and I do have real issues in rendering the real colors of the objects I want to picture. So I just took these pictures to get better views of the chinstrap of this helmet. If it is a fake, please tell me so as I still have contact with the seller.
    Lot number is difficult to read as paint cover it partly. Might be 3361 or 3631 or 6631.

Regards

JC

I agree on the strap being reproduction but the liner looks ok to me.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    What is the lotnr ?
    Quote by sgtbarnes44 View Post
    I am only an amateur photographer and I do have real issues in rendering the real colors of the objects I want to picture. So I just took these pictures to get better views of the chinstrap of this helmet. If it is a fake, please tell me so as I still have contact with the seller.
    Lot number is difficult to read as paint cover it partly. Might be 3361 or 3631 or 6631.

Regards

JC
    Like I said the strap is fake so why spin the story of the helmet being found in a house in France ?
    You obviously bought it from a dealer or a collector , just be honest.

Secondly can you post better photos of the exterior , they are quite dark and it looks to me the exterior is overpainted.
    Also photos from the inside of the rivets would be nice so we can check if the liner was replaced.